The last few months feel like they have been non stop – lots of teaching etc, and getting ready for FOQ always takes weeks of planning.
I started selling the new Indian Ladies kits, and they sold well, i haven’t seen a finished piece yet!
They are available in 4 different designs, each design is available in 2 different colour ways – green/ blue or pink / orange
Here they are
They all have names
Kyra, Sanjana, Anika, Annya
Just to complicate things – I have some with larger printing blocks included in the blocks.
Everyone’s should look different as everything but the clothes is included in the kit
They are all on the Shopping Cart of my website
It is good to have time to catch up, plan new courses, finish a few things and catch up with some of my challenges, and make some attempt to tidy my studio.
I have started on 2 quilt tops – making 2 large “Pomegranate” quilts
I have started the “repetition” quilt but I have only been testing out an idea, and although I like the design i am not happy with the colours and technique so maybe I will start a new one
I have finished a commission I have made for a friend’s daughters wedding present, but I am not going to show it here until I have given it to them!
The Festival of Quilts is over for another year and I thankfully don’t have too much teaching work so I am using my time to make some samples for future workshops and complete a few more quilts that I need to make for various challenges.
I promised Malwina from Wonderfil that I would make some samples for their stand for the September show. I am a great fan of their Spaghetti and Accent thread.
Here is the “Toran” i have made using all Accent thread. The thread is thick so you need to use a top stitch needle. It is so easy to use, it never breaks and I just love the colours and the sheen.
I am teaching a course in February that includes making an Ipad cover so i have made a new one. It features a clever little extra to get the ipad out easily and again I have used Accent thread. I have used the bits of hand dyed wool that were left over from my Tigers and Goats game
I wanted to try to complete my series of Indian men for Voyage group, so here is another in the series. Anyone that has been to India will know that this is just as common a sight as the Indian women.
I was late completing the latest international Threads Quilt Challenge, so have spent the last couple of days completing this quilt. The challenge was “Large Scale, small scale”
It is based on flowers (Echinacea) I took whilst in France
I photographed it as I went along
I’ve been out walking in the wind today, the light on the hills was spectacular, so many inspiring photos.
Here are my new kits
Come and see them at Festival of Quilts!
At this time of year I seem to spend much of my time getting ready for FOQ.
I am almost ready! Kits are finished – just waiting for them to come back from the printers. New cards being printed and more copies of my book.
I have had 2 lovely days at the Bramble Patch doing Open Studios meeting some nice people who came in to the shop.
I got myself organised before I left and had a plan of what i wanted to do whilst i was there.
So I finished my latest Voyage quilt
Finished my August CQ Journal Quilt based on some photos I took whilst in France
And then did the next Journal Quilt for September based on the photos I took whilst cycling in Holland in MayI started to make the new flowers for the next set of kits, but didnt finish them. They will be slightly bigger than the previous flowers, have some shell buttons included in the kit and be in shades of pink, blue and purple. So you should be able to buy a pink set, a blue set or a mixed set.
I am also working on 4 more Indian Lady designs for the new kits.
Everyone seems to like the new backgrounds so I have ordered more – this time in a neutral colour way – greys, browns etc
Looking forward to next week at the NEC!
Finally the new art work went to the printers last week. I have some new kits that will be ready for sale at the Festival of Quilts. Although some people have been able to mange to do the Indian ladies kit that I sell, I found out through teaching how to follow it, it is not easy for a beginner
and the problems with getting the printing and the graphics to match up proved very stressful. It also was not possible to stitch it by hand. So I have developed one that I think will work better.
There will be 4 different designs with currently 2 different backgrounds, although there will be a third. They all feature Indian ladies.
I have tested them, and tested them again and again, so have made many different variations. one of the reasons why I am pleased with them is that they will all look very different.
Here are some of my examples.
There is a pink / orange / gold background and also a green / blue background. I intend also have a very neutral background available as well.
These are just a few there are many more.
I was teaching at Romsey Quilters on Wednesday and it was great to be see if they worked well, and, I don’t think I need to say anything – the results of their work show just how well they work. I love some of their colour choices. I love it as students sometimes use colours that I wouldn’t use and make a fabulous job. I am also so impressed when students change my pattern and make it better! Thanks to Romsey Quilters!
The fabric for the background is a soft more loosely woven cotton so it can be easily stitched into by hand.